Denver Custom Web Development
There are plenty of web agencies around that can put together template sites in systems such as WordPress. In some cases, a content management system (CMS) of this type may be the best solution for you. But, do you really want to take that chance with your online success?
Denver Web Success built its first website in 1994, so we have a wealth of experience creating custom sites to meet the individual needs of each client.
Denver Web Success has the skills to hand-code your entire website using a combination of HTML/CSS, plus PHP scripting and MySQL database tables. In fact, the majority of the sites we have created for clients have been custom built in this way. There are some advantages to this approach, including:
- Streamlined Code: Systems, such as WordPress, include a great deal of generic code in order to work. With a hand-coded website only the absolute necessary code is included, leading to a mean, lean site that will load extremely quickly, even on slower internet connections.
- Better SEO: While a content management system may include some elements of search engine optimization (SEO), they are never as well optimized as a hand-coded website. If you are in a competitive online market a hand-coded website can be the difference between failure and success.
- Customization: Although a CMS, like WordPress, has a huge variety of plugins to perform different functions, sometimes it can be impossible to find the exact plugin you need. While Denver Web Success can develop WordPress plugins, it is typically quicker and cheaper to code it into a custom website.
- Security: WordPress is open-source, so hackers have complete access to all the code. This is why WordPress is constantly having to update to stay ahead of security issues. This is not an issue with a hand-coded website, where the custom code is held at the server-level and invisible to users.
Custom development is not limited to creating static websites. Denver Web Success development includes:
- Scripting using server-side PHP to include dynamic page elements. There are many examples of how this can be used, including:
- Separating out common elements, such as the header, so that it can be quickly changed across the entire website.
- Consistent, scripted calls-to-action that can be quickly dropped into pages; changing based on the conversion targets for the page.
- Dynamic snippets of information that automatically update, such as the number of years you’ve been in business, how many clients you have, or information such as the time, a countdown, the temperature, etc.
The list is limited only by your imagination. However, when combined with the MySQL database, the possibilities are enormous.
Web Database Development
PHP scripts can be utilized with the MySQL database to really enhance your website. Some examples include:
- Building a table of testimonials so that a random testimonial can appear on each and every page.
- Building a categorized portfolio photo gallery with full SEO titles, meta descriptions, and content for every photo, each of which has its own web page.
- Incorporating an updating news section that you can keep up-to-date.
- Maintaining and displaying your staff profiles and photos online. Perhaps even show a featured staff member on your home page.
- Maintaining details of properties and vacant units, including photos.
There is really no limit to what can be achieved. For one of our clients, Denver Web Success built a completely dynamic site that includes full membership signup and maintenance, avatars, video upload, photo upload, event upload, favorites, commenting, member messages, plus all of the administration screens to pull everything together.
Web Application Development