Studies indicate that over 80% of potential clients will check you out online before doing business with you. Therefore, damaging information about your company in online publications, articles, and review sites can seriously affect your future business.
79% Of Consumers Trust Online Reviews As Much As Personal Recommendations
Some companies address this in a proactive manner, creating a positive online presence before any harmful information may appear. However, for many companies it can be quite a shock when business suddenly falters because of negative online information.
Denver Web Success can analyze, strategize, and execute an online reputation management campaign to save your business. Not only do we handle the problem, we also educate you and your business. Should you respond to or ignore a bad review? What if you don’t even recognize the reviewer? What can be done to monitor or mitigate the situation in the future?
Online Reputation Analysis
The first step is to perform a thorough analysis to determine the scale of the problem. Is the negative information legitimate, or could it be coming from a dissatisfied employee, or even a competitor? What range of sites carry the damaging comments; their online authority will determine the most appropriate resolution strategies.
As part of this process we will also create a baseline report of the top search results for your brand or company. This, which highlights positive/controlled, negative, and neutral results, will form the basis for assessing the success of the reputation management campaign.
Reputation Management Strategy & Execution
Depending on the outcome of the online reputation analysis there are a wide variety of techniques that can be used, covering the removal of harmful information together with the creation and promotion of positive information. No two clients are identical, so Denver Web Success will customize a reputation strategy for your business. This can include:
- Setup alerts to immediately see what people are saying about your brand.
- Creation, maintenance, and marketing of new blogs and/or websites to promote your brand.
- Optimization and promotion of local citation/profile resources.
- Article/Content writing and distribution.
- Press release creation and distribution.
- Review removal.
- Encourage positive reviews from your customers.
- Make it easy for customers to make a complaint without it going public.
- Social media creation, optimization, and promotion.
- Google Auto-Complete strategy.
Ongoing Reputation Monitoring
Denver Web Success also provides ongoing consultancy and monitoring to ensure that the situation does not redevelop.
- Monitoring: Denver Web Success will continue to monitor your brand, both through alerts, back links, and social media for any time your brand is mentioned, plus through periodic analysis of search results to ensure that no new harmful information is appearing.
- Education: The best defense is often a good offense. It is often possible to avoid negative comments and reviews through improved customer experience. Even something as simple as providing the customer with an easy method to make a complaint, without doing so publicly, can have an enormous impact.
- Communication: Denver Web Success can help you put procedures in place to help ongoing communication with your customers. It is unlikely that a customer will publicly complain if, even after the sale is complete, you stay in contact with them, provide ongoing support, and give them the opportunity to make any complaints privately.
Proactive Reputation Management
Taking control of your online reputation before harmful information appears can be much more effective than trying to deal with harmful information after the event. Denver Web Success can help you to plan a reputation strategy covering websites, blogs, citation sites, reviews, social media, videos, images, etc. This will not only protect against negative information, but improve your positive image, and help to drive additional visitors and business.
When dealing with reputation management, one of the most frequent questions we are asked is whether we will ever discuss or publicize your project. Rest assured, we will never publicize your project in any way. Similarly, even though it would be useful to be able to provide potential clients with examples of previous projects, we never do so – we only talk in generic terms about the services we can offer.